|It is not a war, it is murder.|
(WASHINGTON DC) – The following statement by Noam Chomsky indicates a different stand toward Israeli aggression than Prof. Chomsky has revealed in the past:
“The incursion and bombardment of Gaza is not about destroying Hamas. It is not about stopping rocket fire into Israel, it is not about achieving peace.
The Israeli decision to rain death and destruction on Gaza, to use lethal weapons of the modern battlefield on a largely defenseless civilian population, is the final phase in a decades-long campaign to ethnically-cleanse Palestinians.
Israel uses sophisticated attack jets and naval vessels to bomb densely-crowded refugee camps, schools, apartment blocks, mosques, and slums to attack a population that has no air force, no air defense, no navy, no heavy weapons, no artillery units, no mechanized armor, no command in control, no army… and calls it a war. It is not a war, it is murder.
“When Israelis in the occupied territories now claim that they have to defend themselves, they are defending themselves in the sense that any military occupier has to defend itself against the population they are crushing. You can’t defend yourself when you’re militarily occupying someone else’s land. That’s not defense. Call it what you like, it’s not defense.”
- This is not Israel defending it self, it’s not a war , it’s murder (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Smoke rose after Israeli airstrikes in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday. (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- [New post] Noam Chomsky on Gaza and Israel + How We Can Solve The Palestinian Israeli Problem (womensphilanthropy.typepad.com)
- Chomsky Statement on Israel’s War on Gaza (salem-news.com)
- My Noam Chomsky On Visit to Gaza – the World’s Largest Open-Air Prison (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Killing People as ‘Mowing the Lawn’: How Israeli Hardliners and Official Washington Dehumanize the People of Palestine (alternet.org)
- Predictably Islamophobes Applaud Israeli Assault on Beleaguered Gaza (loonwatch.com)
- Gazans Dying Quietly for Netanyahu’s Re-election (desertpeace.wordpress.com)
- Likening Palestinians to Blades of Grass (consortiumnews.com)