TEHRAN (FNA)- Over one million Yemeni political and tribal forces have been mobilized in preparation for what has been termed by the Saudi-led coalition forces as “the decisive battle”.
According to Hasad al-Youm news website, at present over one million Yemenis, including the tribal people, those who had been dismissed from the army during the presidency of Mansour Hadi and a number of Ikhwan members, have been armed and contacted to stand united again.
Based on the report, all these forces have stressed their preparedness to fight against Saudi Arabia and operations in the Saudi territories.
Other media reports said today that the Yemeni army and popular forces gained control of the border city of al-Rabouah in the Saudi province of al-Asir.
Al-Masirah news channel released footages of the Yemeni forces’ full control over al-Rabouah city in Saudi Arabia.
The TV footages showed that the Yemeni army easily surrounded a military base in the city without any Saudi resistance, set fire to 17 military vehicles and destroyed its watchtower and weapons cache.
A Yemeni military source said that tens of Saudi soldiers were also killed in the attack and others fled the scene.
Also, the Arabic-language al-Mayadeen television reported that the Yemeni army and popular forces fired 15 missiles and rockets at a Saudi military base in Asir on Monday and before taking the city of al-Rabouah.
The TV report added that the missiles hit al-Hajer military base in Asir.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 173 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 5,847 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.